Ugrás a tartalomhoz

Router in Bridge Mode

Brian

Kérdés

Ajánlott posztok

5 órája, Brian írta:

@ abit I have the Sagemcom F@st 5655v2.

You'll need to activate the PPPoE passthrough mode in the gateway's settings.

1. Goto http://192.168.1.1 in your browser. (it can be Chrome, Opera, etc.)
  2. Login with your user and password.
  3. Find Internet Connectivity in the settings. 
  4. Choose Basic, IPv4,
  5. scroll down, and the PPPoE passthrough will be *****. 
  6. Turn it on, click 'Apply'

That's all!

net.png basic.png pppoe.png

Link kommenthez
Megosztás más oldalakon

@btz I agree, PPPoE passthrough is independent of IPTV.  The issue appears to be IGMP support on my switch.  When I return I need to do some more performance testing...

1. I'll do more testing with Unifi Security Gateway (USG).  Possibly connecting my computer directly to the USG and avoid my switch.  I believe the issue is that I need to set MTU on my USG to 1300 and re-do the speed tests.

2. I will confirm performance of USG when PPPoE passthrough is disabled (i.e. using a double NAT configuration).

3. If possible, I will even connect my computer directly to the Sagemcom and configure PPPoE on my computer and test performance.

Thank you again for all the help.  I wont be back until February to test.

Szerkesztve ekkor: Szerkesztő: Brian
Link kommenthez
Megosztás más oldalakon

4 órája, Brian írta:

Thank you for the quick response.  I'm unsure what PPOE passthrough mode gets me or how it's configured.  I would like to use my own firewall  (Unifi USG) and it obtaining an Internet address (not a private IP address due to double NAT).

Do I need to request a different fiber modem?

Which HGW or ONT do u have?

Szerkesztve ekkor: Szerkesztő: abit
Link kommenthez
Megosztás más oldalakon

@abit  @BTZ  Thank you for the tips and screenshots.  I'm at the house next week and will try this.  Not sure if Telekom provided a sheet with the PPOE credentials.

Will this affect IPTV in anyway?  Can I plug the IPTV STB into my own switch?  Is it possible to get IPTV credentials and use an IPTV app on my Apple TV or computer?

Link kommenthez
Megosztás más oldalakon

@Brain

If you dont know your pppoe passvord and username, You can change it at online customer support site or by phone.

You can also use IPTV to connect to the Sagemcom device and connect the Internet to your own device. You can use a switch between Sagemcom and IPTV set top boxes.

Does not have credentials for IPTV, you can use it with with set top boxes provided by Telekom, plug amn play mode.

On a laptop and computer you can use the TVGO service, which is free with Telekom IPTV.

Szerkesztve ekkor: Szerkesztő: btz
Link kommenthez
Megosztás más oldalakon

Updates..

All went very smoothly.  I reset the password on the Telekom PPPoE service and successfully enabled PPPoE Passthrough on the Sagemcom device.  I configured my Unifi USG router/firewall and all is good.

I connected the Telekom STB to my switch, however, it does not appear to be working.  All other devices connected to my switch and wifi are working.  Suggestions?

Link kommenthez
Megosztás más oldalakon

@btz I'm continuing to research IGMP support... I'm not able to test it until I return.  I have noticed a difference in speed tests since configuring as PPPoE passthrough.

Prior to configuring PPPoE passthrough, my speed test was about 913/928 Mbps (down/up).

After configuring PPPoE passthrough, my speed test is about 400/900 Mbps (down/up).  Perhaps I need to do testing over a longer period of time.

I do not believe this is an issue with my Unifi Security Gateway... others report 1000 Mbps performance.  When I can, I'll do more performance testing.  Any thoughts?  Is this a limitation of the Sagemcom router when using PPPoE passthrough?

I'm looking into pros/cons of disabling PPPoE passthrough and configuring my firewall behind the Sagemcom (i.e. double NAT configuration).

Link kommenthez
Megosztás más oldalakon

16 órája, Brian írta:

@btz I'm continuing to research IGMP support... I'm not able to test it until I return.  I have noticed a difference in speed tests since configuring as PPPoE passthrough.

Prior to configuring PPPoE passthrough, my speed test was about 913/928 Mbps (down/up).

After configuring PPPoE passthrough, my speed test is about 400/900 Mbps (down/up).  Perhaps I need to do testing over a longer period of time.

I do not believe this is an issue with my Unifi Security Gateway... others report 1000 Mbps performance.  When I can, I'll do more performance testing.  Any thoughts?  Is this a limitation of the Sagemcom router when using PPPoE passthrough?

I'm looking into pros/cons of disabling PPPoE passthrough and configuring my firewall behind the Sagemcom (i.e. double NAT configuration).

You should try to connect the IPTV STB not to your own switch, but directly to Sagemcom. So what bandwidth are you experiencing?

Link kommenthez
Megosztás más oldalakon

@btz @zoli62 What't I'm trying to say about IPTV not working when PPPoE is enabled is that on the Sagemcom I have to remove PPPoE credentials (only one device can use PPPoE credentials at a time).  I assume the Sagemcom will not route Internet traffic for devices (such as the IPTV STB) connected directly to one of the Sagemcom LAN ports.  I never tested this.

Link kommenthez
Megosztás más oldalakon

12 perce, Brian írta:

@btz @zoli62 What't I'm trying to say about IPTV not working when PPPoE is enabled is that on the Sagemcom I have to remove PPPoE credentials (only one device can use PPPoE credentials at a time).  I assume the Sagemcom will not route Internet traffic for devices (such as the IPTV STB) connected directly to one of the Sagemcom LAN ports.  I never tested this.

IPTV working is independent of PPPoE credentials. PPPoE is only for Internet, not for VoIP or IPTV. Not matter PPPOE is included or not in Sagemcom, IPTV will work.

Szerkesztve ekkor: Szerkesztő: btz
Link kommenthez
Megosztás más oldalakon

@zolcsi Good timing.  Because of Covid I have not been home in a very long time.  I'm on my way home now and will be there today.  Over the coming weeks I will be troubleshooting the problem.  I had someone connect the the cable as BTZ described, however it didn't work.  I suspect it's related to DHCP that I disabled on the Sagecom router.

Link kommenthez
Megosztás más oldalakon

Csatlakozz a közösséghez!

Posztolhatsz regisztráció előtt is. Ha már van regisztrációd, jelentkezz be itt.

Vendég
Válaszolj a kérdésre...

×   Formázással együtt illesztetted be a tartalmat.   Formázás eltávolítása

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   A linkedet automatikusan beágyaztuk.   Linkként mutatás

×   Az előző tartalmat tároltuk. .   Itt törölhetsz

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Új...